Responsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring the
skills and knowledge involved in the competent performance of the tasks
relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities.
Functions in an entry-level, trainee position with an increasing degree
of proficiency and decreasing degree of supervision with regard to those
skills and tasks for which training and instruction are received during
tenure in this position. Completes written and field assessments,
meeting/exceeding employee standards, and supervisor approval will be
used to determine advancement to the next level. Continued employment is
contingent upon achieving required training, certifications, and safety
requirements. Works on straight forward tasks using established
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Performs installations and changes of service, while adhering to:
applicable codes, requirements, guidelines, company procedures, and safe
work practices in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Updates customer account to ensure an accurate record of products and
services is captured to ensure that customer has a positive experience
throughout the ongoing customer relationship.
- Through the use of sound judgement and decision making, troubleshoots
and problem solves customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products
and services are working properly to drive a positive customer
- Communicates, engages, and provides customer with education on
products and services.
- Persists and finishes projects despite obstacles with little
supervision, take extra steps to prevent mistakes or create
opportunities to further engage customer with our products and services
and enhance the ever-evolving customer relationship.
- Displays active listening skills, perceive emotional awareness in
difficult situations, and empathize with customers to enhance an overall
- Uses installation tools and hand tools and perform jobs from high
places (on poles and roofs), including climbing poles with proper
equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders, and bucket trucks (18
to 26 feet).
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and uses hand tools.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined spaces
such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time
and performs work near power lines and electricity.
- Works within manufacturer’s rated weight capacity for all equipment,
including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Through the use of Company vehicle maintains proper equipment in order
to be prepared to perform required duties. Drives company vehicle in
performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate
state licensing requirements while working and traveling in inclement
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4
days a week and available to work overtime including weekends, evenings
- Works in areas with exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other
animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific
training, installations, and other areas as necessary.
- Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required training,
certifications, and safety requirements.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer