Comcast Voice Path team is an innovative research and development group within Comcast’s Technology & Product organization with offices in Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Denver and Chicago that engages in groundbreaking research to re-invent customer experience for Comcast’s 22+ Million consumers using AI and machine learning.
As an ASR Engineer, you would join a small, autonomous team of researchers and engineers to build the core voice platform used by millions of people every day. We use advanced machine learning to improve engine performance and accuracy. Your work will have immediate impact on user latency, command accuracy and overall system stability.
You would be part of our rapidly growing research and engineering team that is responsible for the full stack and operationalization of high-profile products and services at Comcast.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Implements, refines, and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Takes action on existing specifications of designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning, and data monitoring.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained, and deploys validated machine learning models into production.
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations, and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing, and reporting.
- Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekend, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Generally, requires 5-8 years related experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with programming languages like Python and Java
- Machine learning models on a framework (TensorFlow, etc...) (required)
- Experience running machine learning models in production (required)
- Experience with weakly supervised models and reinforcement learning (preferred)
- Experience in the domain of ASR and Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Experience with container systems such as Docker, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience with AWS services and technologies such as EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with balancing large Data Stores and technologies such as Elasticsearch
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer