The role requires strong leadership and solid communications skills. The Engineer position requires the ability to work with Product Managers to define product requirements, provide direction to the Product Development engineering team, and drive the product through development and testing.
The Engineer must be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, drive development, and serve as technical interface to vendors, RDK community partners and open source community to drive technology into our products.
- Work with cross-functional teams, third party vendors, and company product managers to define product specifications / technical requirements, and provide leadership in delivering quality products in a timely fashion
- Keeps current with technological developments within IP Video and web browser industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products and constantly strives to build best in class solutions for our customers
- Provides technical leadership throughout the software life cycle process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior Engineers
- Communicate with stakeholders including development teams, operations, product and Sr. Leadership as required
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
-Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- At least 6 year's software development experience with a recent focus on browser platforms on embedded devices
- Strong programming language skill in C/C++ in embedded environment
- Good understanding of Webkit Browser and Media handling
- Experience with a variety of scripting languages such as Bash and Python. Well-versed and proficient with networking technologies and protocols
- Proficient in Unix/Linux/OSX environments
- Strong design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fast learner with a strong desire to learn
- Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Following a plus:
- FFMPEG, DASH-BMFF, HLS, MPEG2 TS and DRM such as PlayReady, Widevine
- GStreamer experience
- Familiarity with MSE/EME HTML5 players
- OpenGL Shaders
- Data Analysis
- Comfortable with Architecture & API design
- Multithreading and IPC
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer