This sales leader will be responsible for the development of the short and long term strategy for Comcast Business Class suite of products. This role will focus on managing and growing teams, along with their revenue streams within a given account base as well as selling /acquisition of new Comcast products and services and the management of large multi-site and multi-location commercial accounts. Provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas including sales, sales support, sales engineering, marketing, and solution development across the disciplines making up the broader team. Manages a team of individual contributing account managers with high levels of sales and industry expertise. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Influences, shapes, and integrates strategy for functional areas.
- Develops an annual operating budget for Product / Solution and Complex Solution Sales.
- Leads process improvement initiatives including ensuring appropriate tools are available to assist with sales activities and action steps to follow in the sales campaign.
- Leads training standards and certifications. Works with the team to ensure excellence with every customer contact. Leads the performance and development of the National Account team.
- Monitor competitor activity in the marketplace by conducting benchmarking activities.
- Leads the successful implementation of advertising and promotional activities in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Oversees all sales activities to ensure the success of the Company’s product and solution sales campaign including expertise in managed services.
- Develop an annual workforce and training plan to help realize appropriate talent levels to realize sales and organizational objectives.
- Makes executive presentations to and negotiates with executive-level customers including helping the team gain access to the C-Suite at respective client base.
- Leads team to achieves and exceed all sales quotas and targets (for new product and solution sales as well as revenue protection of existing streams).
- Oversees incentives and other programs necessary to achieve success.
- Defines and recommends new solutions, products, and services for market opportunities.
- Establishes a consultative business-to-business sales culture through strong leadership and coaching.
- Maintains excellent knowledge of the Company's products/services, pricing practices, and selling skills to effectively direct regional sales deployment of new products and services that target the enterprise segment.
- Monitors reports and manages monthly, quarterly, and annual sales results, other activity, and performance measures. Presents results if needed.
- Ensures the implementation of improvements in business processes yielding, increased sales performance, and/or higher operational efficiency through excellent time management, decision-making, and human relations skills.
- Monitors Business Services Enterprise sales channels within budgeted sales and expense targets.
- Establishes and cultivates effective business relationships, both cross-functionally and with Division and Corporate Business Services teams, and with internal organizations to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Develops seminars, sales incentive plans, and other strategies to achieve business unit objectives. Exhibits excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal skills and planning, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of subordinates and implements necessary changes. Addresses personnel
issues/performance issues in accordance with Company policy.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent (Business, Marketing)
- Generally requires 7+ years related sales and sales leadership experience
- Strong technical background in managed services or complex solution selling is preferred
- Must be a cultural fit to Comcast's core values - Customer Focus, Engage & Develop Talent, Play to Win, Inspire Trust, etc.
- Experience selling to fortune 1000 sized national accounts, or larger.
- Leadership Skills: Team Management, coaching, training, etc.
- Executive presence for VP and C-Level client meetings
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users, and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer