As a member of the newly created Syndication Partner Experience Operations team, you are instrumental in making sure Comcast’s portfolio of syndicated products are operating at our partners as optimally as possible. In this role you will be working with cutting edge video technology while interfacing with top tier cable providers in North America and abroad.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
On the CTS Syndication team, we take Comcast’s amazing products and services in X1 video, IPTV, smart home, broadband and networking, and white label them for the operator community. Our partners own the customer relationship while we own and operate the product experience. We are looking for a customer experience oriented individual to join a team focused on ensuring operational excellence across our product portfolio. We thrive on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who you will be working with?
The Partner Experience Operations team interfaces with the Program, Delivery and Operational Readiness teams to understand the current atmosphere at our customers and feedback from their end-users into product experience. The team will also work with the CTS Data and Analytics team to establish benchmarks for product performance and measure improvements over time as well as identify any emerging trends that require deeper analysis.
The Partner Experience Operations team will partner with the Comcast Product Quality, Operations and Engineering teams to review trends, identify opportunities for improvement and drive those improvements all the way through end-customer delivery. Additionally, they will evaluate improvement activities occurring at Comcast and determine if there are opportunities to bring these to our customers as well. This position is integral to the success of our customers and continued trust in our product offerings.
What are some interesting things you will doing?
This is a brand new team within CTS. You will have the opportunity to join a team being built from the ground up focused on ensuring Comcast delivers and operates a world-class suite of products for our syndication community. In this role you will define measures of success and work across operations and engineering to continually raise the bar on our IPTV product quality and customer experience. Additionally, you’ll help leverage best practices across the operator community.
Where can you make an impact?
You will be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to roll out services that will power the next generation of television, broadband, and home automation. Success in this role is characterized by ongoing team development, staying ahead of partner needs and providing robust and creative solutions to support successful operation of our technology at our partners.
- Responsible for ensuring our Syndicated IPTV products and services are continually improving as it relates to Customer Experience.
- Work with Comcast and our partners to define or leverage industry standard measures for evaluating product performance and customer experience.
- Take ownership of operational Service Level Agreements; understand breaches and corrective actions.
- Partner with our Production Operations and Analytics teams to measure performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Own operational requirements on our product backlogs (e.g., what metrics are needed to measure operational performance?; what new tools or processes must be defined to adequately support a new product?)
- Must be willing to “jump-in” and start making an impact to the organization from day one.
- Help teams adopt best practices from elsewhere in the product portfolio or organization.
- Work with internal Comcast and external partner resources to identify emerging trends and corrective actions across the syndication product portfolio.
- Serve as an internal SME and escalation point on where to route “customer pain” either in our products or our processes.
- Understand the CTS Syndication and Comcast support models. Recommend opportunities for improvement in these models over time.
- Represent the CTS Syndication team (and our customers) in Product Quality forums.
- Own committed areas of improvement, next steps and timelines to our customers.
- Participate in After Action Review sessions with operations to identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Work with product teams to ensure measures for success are considered early in the product life-cycle.
- Recommends opportunities for process and technical improvements.
- Supports delivery and operations teams in reviewing core performance metrics for partners vs Comcast.
- Reports on the progress of all projects towards the company's engineering goals and strategies.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work variable schedule as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. New products and services are always on our radar.
- 6+ years of experience in technology and service operations (B2B preferred)
- Familiarity with ITIL and the SRE model
- Ability to manage projects in a matrixed model where credibility and ability to influence are paramount.
- Experience with Video and IPTV technologies is required.
- Experienced in supporting business objectives in a partnered/outsourced model.
- Possesses the ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in a group.
- Able to take on problems with a minimum set of clearly defined requirements and articulate alternative solutions and approaches to solve the problem
About Comcast CTS (Comcast Technology Solutions)
CTS (Comcast Technology Solutions), a division of Comcast Cable, serves the advertiser, content provider, global operator, and technology markets with a complete portfolio of products and capabilities designed to meet the evolving needs for content distribution and monetization in a multi-platform world. Built on Comcast's robust media and entertainment infrastructure, Comcast Technology Solutions offers a breadth and depth of expertise, spanning twenty years in broadcast and digital, to help customers deliver engaging experiences and forge new business models.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer