Comcast Technology Solutions helps drive the distribution of Comcast’s core consumer products – video (X1), broadband (xFi), and home security and automation (xHome) – around the globe! We are one of the newest and fastest-growing divisions, we operate in a start-up type of environment, and we are fortunate to work with many of the most respected MVPD (Multi-channel Video Programming Distributor) partners in North America and Europe.
Our MVPD team seeks a strong hybrid technical program/project manager who is passionate about growing a fast-paced, international business. This technical role bridges the gap between internal Digital Home product, development and program teams, and their counterparts with our partners. This role is very exciting, but it is not easy. Our initiatives move or stall, largely based on the drive of the program lead behind it.
We need a self-starter who is goal-oriented and able to understand (and often help develop) our macro-level strategy. In addition, the ability to craft and execute daily on technical project plans is an important characteristic to have. We work with internal customers and external partners, so flexibility and a service focus is important – and since we rely on these other teams to be successful, your ability to influence is critical to the outcomes.
Since we are a fairly new business we are still designing many of our processes, you will have the opportunity to critically evaluate processes, and the even more rare aim to constantly refine them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fun, driven and successful team.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be curious, use and be an advocate for our innovative technology and offerings.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Drive key Digital Home initiatives, while working in tandem with internal business, product, design, development and delivery teams. Using a hub-and-spoke analogy – you’re the hub, linking all of the teams to drive programs across the line.
- Develop detailed technical project plans, often working with more than a dozen contributing teams to figure out needs to what and when, in order to make the collective team successful. Go deep in the technical details. Manage these plans yourself, from feature inception to deployment.
- Serve as the lead for specific, defined, multi-discipline programs or projects of greater than average complexity and scope.
- Act as the technical specialist of your area within the organization.
- Develop and communicate regular program status for each initiative within your portfolio.
- Seek to resolve many of your own problems, while knowing that you are fully supported by your manager and team members, when you need it.
- Proactively communicate regular status and surface issues to your manager, and executive level partners.
- Find opportunities to improve our internal processes and increase efficiencies across the broader team.
- Employ strong organizational, writing and presentation skills to communicate these program plans and business process re-engineering opportunities.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to more junior team members. Responsible for leading a matrixed, cross-organizational team across a variety of functions, but does not directly manage people.
- Create and follow an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with your manager, to ensure progress towards your development goals. Your success and growth are important to your manager, and important parts of your career.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Check us out at: https://www.comcasttechnologysolutions.com/
At Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS), we’re Connecting Comcast Technology to the World. As a trusted partner to the world’s leading media technology companies, our solutions have addressed industry challenges and transformed our customers’ businesses through product and service innovations for more than 20 years. CTS invites the industry’s most passionate technologists and entrepreneurs to come work within a supportive culture that celebrates empowerment, agility, continuous improvement and the unique contribution of each employee. Join CTS and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, where innovation and the customer experience are at the center of everything we do.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer