Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating exciting products like the X1 Video Gateway, XB broadband gateways, wireless router technology, and new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We have an exciting role for a Manager 1 - Quality & Automation Engineering in Comcast’s Consumer Products Test team within the Premises Technology – Comcast India organization. Our team works closely with our internal and external development partners to develop and conduct quality certification tests on Comcast’s video customer premises equipment (CPE) products. Efforts within the Consumer Products Test team help ensure a world-class customer experience for the millions of Comcast customers on our X1 platform applications and more!
We are looking for a highly motivated technical person who will help drive change and help others to constantly come up with better solutions to evaluate product quality, performance and the customer experience; as well as make suggestion for improvements. We are looking for someone who does not just know how to solve problems, but who helps define the problems and direction, creates value, and pioneers new frontiers in Quality Assurance.
The Manager 1 - Quality & Automation Engineering will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, implementation and support for test automation solutions for Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) video products. This individual will lead the development of test automation solutions, leveraging several modern frameworks and environments and using modern video product test approaches, deliver high-reliability, cost-effective solutions to be used by QA test, development and operations partners; all to ensure that test programs are delivered at high quality, on-schedule, on-budget and successfully deployed to the field. This individual will manage project teams, oversee the development of test strategies, and designing quality assurance practices. Will lead the teams who adapt automation solutions to the fast-paced DevOps paradigm, quickly tailoring solutions to help identify, reproduce, and triage lab/field defects. The Automation Development Mgr will also lead the teams which establish and maintain automation development test environments. Able to establish and maintain automation development standards, procedures and methods to enable seamless and efficient deployment of automated test cases into the Dev/QA test environment. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Drives the teams which act as key contributors in a complex and crucial environment.
- Work in a fast-paced organization which supports the testing of Xfinity X1 video/RDK software product releases
- Provide coordination and leadership over department projects and activities
- Support and assist in leading teams which are embedded with devops partners and external technology vendor teams
- Assist in developing and maintaining department standards, methods, and procedures for testing of embedded video products. Work closely with devops partners in implementing standards, methods, and procedures for testing of embedded video products
- Partner with test automation teams in identifying optimal tooling frameworks and applications, assuring maximum automation return-on-investment
- Assist in selecting, developing, and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Experience in leading large, agile test organizations operating in the devops model
- Fosters strong client/partner relationship and collaboration skills
- Responsible for leading teams which are embedded with devops partners and external technology vendor teams
- Reviews project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis
- Oversee the design of software frameworks, generating automation tools and in automation scripting using modern test automation methods, ideally in project leadership capacity
- Lead interactions with Product and Development owners in defining the feature user story requirements and provide direction on automation feasibility and support related prototyping and scripting during feature dev phase.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Develops and manages performance metrics; develops and maintains strategy for customer experience validation
- Comfortable in working within large, complex continuous integration (CI) lab environments
- Experience in leading a large, geographically diverse teams supporting large, complex systems
- Strong background and proven experience in leading large, agile test organizations operating in the devops model
- Drive agile/devops teams in the area of continuous improvement, installing metrics to measure departmental performance
- Familiarity with modern software development/test tooling and applications (Java, Python, ALM, Jira, Rally, EKL, Zephyr, Splunk)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to effectively present to varied audiences
- Lead initiatives in Test Driver Software Development
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Development Experience and background preferred, must be able to understand the architecture and dig into code
- Deep understanding of video product regulatory requirements and test in areas such closed captioning, EAS, IP video streaming, audio/video codec; Dolby Digital Plus, Bluetooth Distribution, EAC3, and other
- Preferably, strong experience in home networking protocols and technologies such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, DLNA and other
- Hands-on experience with device/consumer products test, ideally in high performance video applications
- Strong troubleshooting and root-cause-analysis skills; able to lead cross-functional team triage
- Maven, Log4j, Junit, CVS, SVN, HPQC, Code Collaborator, Fish Eye, Zephyr, Sonar
Education and Work Experience
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 12+ years of experience in QA, preferred experience in project leadership role
- Preferred advanced degree in computer science or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.