As a successful ServiceNow developer in Comcast Reliability Engineering, you will do much more than build applications, infrastructure, tools, and people. You are part of the team responsible for building new business applications, process automation and business insight capabilities that enable extraordinary operational excellence for our technology & business organizations. In addition, you will be essential in supporting the end-to-end customer experience that will drive continuous improvements across the organization.
The ideal candidate will….
- Be great to work with, love what they do, and instinctively know how to make work fun.
- Have strong project, product management, and business management experience.
- Be a member of the ServiceNow development team that is defining the future of operations for Comcast Cable.
- Have a solid grasp of software development and business process engineering in the ServiceNow application.
- Utilizing technical expertise; Builds system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical mentorship in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and crafts solutions
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Builds system documentation/play book(s)
- Is a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates
- Acts as a technical resource
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- 5+ years ServiceNow experience administering the platform, monitoring performance, deploying applications, building out catalog items/workflows, and configuring integrations
- 3+ years experience with REST API development
- ServiceNow Developer Certification
- Working knowledge how configuration management factors into the ITIL framework
- Previous working experience with ServiceNow CMDB
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience with ServiceNow Discovery
- Experience with IT Asset Management and ServiceNow Software Asset Management module
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer