Comcast Reliability Engineering is looking for an experienced Mulesoft API developer responsible for the design, development, and delivery of an API services library to integrate with ServiceNow and a variety of other operational applications and platforms. Familiarity with Network Principles (Devices, Topology, Transport, etc.) and related ITIL Foundations concepts are required.
This API developer will lead the implementation of API services in a standardized framework that has been optimized to meet the operational performance requirements for the ServiceNow platform as well as multiple other operational tools. Data accuracy, quality, and timeliness are critical KPI measurements for this role. This will include the implementation of sound architecture, design, and development standards. He/she has the experience to design the optimal performance strategy, and manage the technical delivery across multiple platforms.
- Technical hands-on candidate whose primary responsibility will be designing, developing and testing solutions to integrate with disparate business services
- Lead API lifecycle development; responsible for software development and code quality
- Promote secure and patterned coding practices
- Familiar with internal business service standards to promote reuse across the organization
- Coordinates with backend services (specifications, timelines, abilities, service level agreements, etc.) and drives end-to-end service integration.
- Responsible for mapping, designing spec for transformation between API Gateway and backend service
- Works closely with business partners, architect and technical groups to review, design, and implement requirements and strategy.
- Communicate operational level agreements (OLA) & service level agreements (SLA) to Reliability Engineering Operations teams
- Minimum of 7+ years professional experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience with MuleSoft 4.X
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web service deployment
- Experience in high volume or critical production service environment
- HTTP REST concepts, JSOPN, JSON schema, JSON REST specification, RAML
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL data access methods
- Experience with API Manager and the supporting tools (Governance, Carbon)
- Good knowledge on design principles and best practices in implementing REST APIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- Strong communication skills and track record of partnership across organizations
- Track record of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.