- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Troubleshoot known and unknown hardware issues related to corporate issued or provided laptops, mobile devices (phone & tablets), peripherals, and associated accessories
- Troubleshoot known and unknown software issues related to Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Skype and other corporate deployed applications.
- Troubleshoot Microsoft patches, corporate software deployments, group policies and Symantec Antivirus issues
- Build and reimage a corporate issued laptop including performing any necessary HW repair or upgrades required to solve the end user productivity issue. Hardware replacement will occur after diagnostics are run to confirm HW repair, replacement, or upgrade.
- Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN issues impacting employee productivity. This will involve a demonstrated understanding of networking basics, TCP/IP, VPN, secure access methodologies, and wireless technologies.
- Provide excellent verbal and written communication to end users regarding their productivity issues. Must demonstrate the ability to interact with end users of all levels using a variety of active listening and empathetic listening skills. Proven ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical end users both verbally as well as written.
- Provide other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.