The NGAN Linux Operations Engineer is part of the NGAN Operations team that is responsible for building and operating the VCMTS platform. This position with work with the development teams for incident mitigation and problem management.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Platform Stand up – Software installation
- Change implementation – system upgrades, RMA, automation (scripting)
- Problem Management – Identify service impacting trends and work with the development teams to implement long term solutions.
- Incident Mitigation – On call rotation to mitigate incident.
- Work is performed in a 24/7 operatoins environment. Must be available to work weekends and holidays on an on call bassis.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Work closely with Development, Deployment, Incident, Problem, Quality, Program, Product and Management teams.
- Partner with Division and Regional Engineering teams for Product reliability improvements.
- Implement market leading process and operational strategies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor.
- Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees, external vendors and management teams
- This candidate must be able to adapt and switch between management and Product subject matter expert responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to achieve specific results with little direction.
- Ability to work under pressure being adaptable and responsive to organizational requirements.
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making.
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Operations experience in a 24x7 Environment.
- Strong understanding of the following technologies:
- Unix/Linux Environments
- Scripting and automation (bash, python, etc…)
- Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible and Git experience is a plus.
- Experience building and replacing system hardware.
- Proven experience and skill with network troubleshooting and configuration.
- Proven experience and skill with server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Cloud infrastructure experience a plus.
- Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT services is a plus.
- Exposure and familiarity with new product integration.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer