Eng 2, Database Engineer
Responsible for planning and
implementing data platforms for the Cloud TV product suite. Analyzes, tests, and assists with data architectures that cover global persistence, high volume, transactional databases. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Working knowledge of MySql and experience with AWS Cloud technologies (Aurora, RDS).
- Collaborate with engineering teams building applications in Java (JDBC) and Go
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify scale considerations of data architecture (transactions per second, indexing of data layer)
- Designs new data applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays experience in data design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to resolve production issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 3-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.