We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Principal Software Engineer to join our Digital Home Platform engineering team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
You will specialize in building high-performance, reliable back-end systems and server-side APIs, creating IOT device control and messaging services to millions of Internet users. We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and develop microservices leveraging AWS services including AWS IOT, AWS Lambda, with a strong emphasis on automated deployments and testing.
- Lead and drive architecture and design of platforms and services
- Produce technical design and specification documentation for platforms and services
- Architect, Design and Develop messaging based software infrastructure and build back-end systems and APIs
- Architect, Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
- Analyze requirements, design and develop code, unit test code and test tools, as necessary
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Provide direction and support to multiple software development teams to ensure best of breed technical principles are implemented
- Guides implementation of Software Reliability Engineering principles throughout lifecycle
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across Development, QA, DevSecOps and other cross functional teams
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications.
- Conduct code and implement reviews to carry out and adopt standard methodologies
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with engineering teams and senior leadership
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Mentors and develops fellow software engineers
- Proven understanding of algorithm complexity, parallel/distributed systems, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
- 5 years Experience programming in NodeJS, experience in Java and Golang a plus
- 3 years experience developing and deploying solutions in AWS;
- Development expertise in REST/ JSON APIs
- Knowledge of source control systems like GitHub
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Concourse CI, Terraform
- DevOps experience
Test automation experience
- Development expertise in message technologies such as AWS KDS, MQTT, nice to have
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
•12-15 years work experience
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
•Computer Science, Engineering
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.