Sr. DCS Compliance Security Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior DCS Compliance Security Engineer is responsible for the day to day administration of Symantec Data Center Security. You will work closely with a team of engineers to run a robust instance of DCS supporting 50K+ Windows and Linux servers for File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) and network segmentation. As a senior engineer you will be making decisions, leading projects, and resolving complex issues.
Responsible for engineering, monitoring, and maintenance of tools within the DCS environment.
Responsible to build, implement and test network segmentation policies
Responsible for maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders to minimise the risks to Comcast.
- Administration of Symantec DCS, creating and customizing FIM, NAC & IPS policies against pre-defined and custom standards.
- Maintaining and Monitoring the DCS/CSP agents on the Target hosts
- Analyzing and optimizing the baseline & custom policies to reduce false-positives and non-critical events
- Coordinating with Application Server owners & Incident Response teams for resolving/remediating the security incidents.
- Tool upkeep and management (Administration, backup co-ordination, patch management, etc.)
- Coordination with vendor for problem resolution
- Creation of necessary reports working with account team
- Support Rollout of agents to additional servers
- Testing and Implementation of new features in the tool, Infrastructure upscale and software upgrades
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix Operating Systems
- Programming skills in SQL (presto), Linux Bash, Powershell, Ansible, Git and CI/CD platforms
- Experience with Endpoint solutions like OSQuery, NGAV Agent, Elastic Suite (Logstash, Filebeat, Winlogbeat)
- Basic knowledge of logging and experience with streaming platforms like Kafka and Kinesis.
- Cloud Experience with AWS and Azure
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability management practices
- Understanding of hardware, embedded software, and application architectures to communicate technology requirements to the security and QA teams
- Personal integrity, passion, and an innovative spirit
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer