Jr. Endpoint Security Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Endpoint Security Engineer Position is responsible for engineering, monitoring, and maintenance of Security Endpoint tools focusing on anti-virus, malware detection, and mail filtering solutions that support 130K enterprise users and 50K servers in national datacenter and regional locations. The Engineer acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
Responsible for the health of Endpoint security systems.
Responsible to response to tickets relating to Endpoint Security Agents.
Responsible for maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders to minimise the risks to Comcast.
- Passionate about endpoint security including endpoint protection, zero day threats, advanced persistent threats, data loss prevention, and compliance.
- Drives security issues through to closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide operational support and maintenance of the Comcast’s corporate antivirus and email filtering environment
- Implement and customize antivirus policies and email filtering rules
- Analyzes system behavior and logs to track potential malware back to its origin.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance updates for endpoint security products.
- Maintains product release process and testing including back out plans. Validates all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact.
- Provides input to support teams and vendors on defects and required enhancements.
- Identifies and recommends areas requiring change or modification.
- May need to some work nights and weekends for on-call and system maintenance windows
- Understanding of file hashes, file reputation analysis, and file blacklisting
- Strong background with Windows operating systems
- Experience with Unix based systems
- Security subject knowledge and experience in malware, IDS, encryption and security policy
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Adaptable, proactive and driven to take ownership
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Knowledge of PCI and SOX requirement
- Effective Communication, including verbal, report writing & presentations skills in English
- 9-12 years experience with Enterprise Endpoint Security
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection and/or Symantec Advanced Threat Protection a plus
- Experience with Endpoint agents on both Windows and Linux
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer