We are looking for motivated software engineers who can utilize their knowledge of Python, web technologies to implement high quality solutions. The successful candidate will be contributing to quality software development following agile principles and help develop and operate systems in a continuous integration and delivery model. The selected person should be a team worker who has experience working along with a geographically distributed team. Strong analytical, programing and troubleshooting skills to understand, analyze business requirements and build quality deliverables or operate and sustain complex systems.
- Interfaces with operations, development team and other technical/functional architects to ensure that most efficient solutions are designed to meet business needs
- Thoroughly analyze user stories and functions and implement a well-engineered, operable solution delivered on schedule
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs and optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot issues, find root causes, suggest and implement workarounds, evaluate possible fixes and implement the best solution
- Tracks and documents requirements, defects fixes etc.
- Present solutions, design and defect fixes to senior architects and leads
- Works with and help fellow engineers to constructively resolve issues, requirements and other work items
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and expertise:
- Must have experience with Python Development and developing web applications using frameworks like flask.
- Must have experience in developing & consuming REST APIs.
- Experience in building secure APIs with knowledge of different methodologies/best practices including OAuth framework.
- Must have working knowledge of Linux
- Exposure and interest in full stack development, especially in node.js, angular.js is preferable.
- Ability to integrate multiple data-sources & databases in your application.
- Experience / understanding development process in the DevOps environment (including exposure to CI/CD tools such a Jenkins, source code management tools-e.g. GIT).
- Understanding of infrastructure as code (e.g. exposure to config. management tools like Ansible, container infrastructure tools such as Docker) is nice to have.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts and practices
- Self-motivated, creates own goals and crushes them
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team in a self-directed way with strong communication skills. Flexibility, teamwork, empathy, a sense of humor and courage to challenge the status quo are must haves.
- Education Level: - Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study: - Engineering, Computer Science
- Years’ Experience: - 3 to 5.5 years of experience
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.