Comcast Technology and Product Experience (TPX) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for Android to join our Digital Home Client Application Engineering team. This group is responsible for customer-facing mobile, web, set-top box, and voice application development for Comcast’s Home Security, Home Network Management and Internet of Things product offerings. This includes the native iOS and Android xFi applications, which manages our cloud enabled gateway for millions of homes and is expanding internationally. https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and business managers to build new Android apps from scratch as well as develop features for existing Android apps. You must be able to pick up new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native Andnroid applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users).
- 5-8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years professional experience in developing Java/Kotlin native Android applications, preferably ones that have been approved for release in the Play Store.
- 1+ years as a technical lead, with at least three other developers (not people management), for a large-scale consumer facing application.
- Experience building/consuming RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol and caching strategies
- Experience managing software projects with source control systems (GitHub, Jira, Jenkins)
- Experience maintaining Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines/workflows
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Collaboration with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements, conducting analysis to determine integration needs.
- Technical leadership throughout the design, development, testing and deployment processes and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
- Serving as a coach and mentor for junior- and mid-level Software Development Engineers
- In-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Presentation and advocating for architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience in designing and interacting with REST/ RPC based API micro services
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Experience with multiple specific Android technologies/libraries; Localization/Internationalization, Jetpack, Gradle, Kotlin Coroutines, Dagger, TalkBack/Accessibility
- Experience writing UI Tests with Espresso
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer