Responsible for overseeing the development, modification, and implementation of the strategic plan for business information systems. Investigates and evaluates new applications and hardware/software upgrades. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what' s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Deep knowledge and experience in technical data concepts including, but not limited to, SQL development, data warehousing, ETL, database architecture, data pipelines, and scripting language.
- Expertise in building, maintaining, and optimizing data models and BI visualization software, e.g., Tableau, Looker, Periscope, etc.
- Enable new and/or optimized processes and deliver the best solutions for our team to make true data driven decisions
- Lead projects, including developing technical requirements, defining scope, creating design documents, project management, implementation, and test approach/test planning.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and tasks with tight deliverables while keeping informed of existing and evolving development best practice, industry standards and technologies.
- Evaluates major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Resolve complex incidents, monitor solutions, and establish standards, procedures and guidelines; includes supporting and maintaining existing reports and BI solutions
- Maintain and drive partnerships with key IT partners in support of data warehousing initiatives
- Interviews and hires new staff. Recruits, builds, and nurtures high performance team. Prioritizes, assigns, and reviews work. Prepares and reviews employee performance evaluations.
- May require the ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, Advanced Degree in a related field highly preferred
- Generally requires 4-7 years of relevant work experience
You’ll need to have:
- Advanced-level knowledge & track record of using SQL
- Experience with customer-oriented operations, marketing, finance
- Telecommunications or high-tech industry experience
- Program and project management experience
- Experience in data analysis and statistical analytics
- Experience in managing & leading a team
Even better if you have:
- Proficiency in Python, R, SAS, or other scripting language
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Essbase Enterprise Planning software
- Exceptional communications skills
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of leadership
- Statistics & hypothesis testing experience
- Track record of business and financial acumen
- The desire to seek out and lean new approaches and skills to deliver solutions that can shape the future of our business
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer