Responsible for overseeing the extract, transform and loading of data into our divisional data warehousing platforms; West BIS (SQL) and West NDW (Teradata) from a variety of sources and making available to analysts and business users. Ensures the level of cleanliness needed for complex analytics, engineered features for complex analytics, quality checks of data. Ensures compliance with all privacy and security best practices and requirements. Introduces new technologies and systems to support new and changing business requirements. Manages highly technical team members. Serves as a subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees on technical solutions. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and self-service solutions to data consumers.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Guides and mentors team members on the architecture of the technical solutions
- Decides or recommends feasibility of development projects. Evaluates capacity to implement solutions and assigns projects to team.
- Works with our HQ partners to ensure West consumers have all relevant data for their application development, reporting, and analytical needs.
- Manages West-only data ingestions and data modeling to the NDW platform.
- Helps to manage and drive self-service solutions.
- Manages a team of 24x7 support personnel until fully migrated into the NDW environment.
- Is a key change agent for the West Division in the adoption and usage of the Universal Data Environment.
- Manages data profiling and characterization routines, clean data for analytic usage using repeatable processes, evaluates the impact of data quality on analytic results to make decisions surrounding time investment.
- Manages the extract of large volumes of data, transform data to answer business questions, ensure data is securely managed accordance to company’s policies.
- Manages scoping the business problem, creating designs and methodologies that are structured, using a design that fits the incoming data.
- Manages the maintenance of secure data environments according to organizational SOPs, ethical use of data, use of legal and external affairs review as needed depending on how analytic results are socialized, identification of PII and approved usage.
- Develops business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Plans, develops, and implements data engineering and analytics solutions and technologies, and ensures that sound methodologies are employed. Provides the Company with solid, effective, and efficient systems that are supportable.
- Evaluates all major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with managers, leads, and end- users community in all business areas.
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost- effective alternatives.
- Conducts full analyses of changes impacting customers and operations and ensures impacts are accurately integrated into forecasts.
- Carries out post-event analyses to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with changes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally, requires 6-9 years' related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in MS SQL Server Development or Teradata Development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SSIS and/or Informatica
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Data Warehousing and Data Modeling
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading a team
- Working knowledge of Tableau
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer