The Next Generation Access Network’s TAP team is looking for passionate software developers to join our rapidly growing family. The purpose of our team is to create software products that serves to facilitate the growth and management of the edge of the Comcast network. As a level 3 software engineer, you will play a key part in our success.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Solid grasp of common programming design patterns
- Ability to compare and contrast programming paradigms
- Some experience working with any cloud provider
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- At least 4 years of professional experience, at least one of which involved working with a team of 4 or more developers
Nice to haves:
- Experience with golang
- Experience working with noSQL databases
- Experience with mongodb aggregation pipelines
- Experience with graphQL
- Experience with building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with leading projects
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Write and document code
- Participate in system design decisions
- Mentor junior developers
- Communicate with project stakeholders
- Estimate level of effort for development tasks
- AWS Lambda/Fargate/Kinesis, etc
- Mongodb Atlas
- Concourse CI/CD
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
If you are someone who loves to learn and want to be an integral part of a high performing team, we would love to meet you.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.