This leader will own developing and spearheading FreeWheel’s efforts to become the most trusted technology partner in shaping the TV industry through proactively managing our efforts around standards, brand safety, compliance and risk. They will establish a Trust and Standards group, in the FreeWheel COO Group, and work closely with internal partners in product, engineering, network operations, revenue, partnerships, services and legal as well as across Comcast Advertising more broadly. They will help lead our external outreach, thought leadership and engagement with industry bodies to help influence standards and our reputation in the marketplace.
This role and team are critical to FreeWheel’s success in growing our sell-side and buy-side software businesses as well as our premium video marketplace and media offerings. This is a highly influential role, ensuring not only that FreeWheel exceeds the industry minimum standards of privacy, measurement, brand safety, and other technical and business controls required to operate safely and transparently in the digital advertising supply chain, but that this becomes a strategic advantage in our next phase of growth.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this role include:
- Strategy - Develop and ensure execution across FreeWheel of our overall strategy and approach to standards, brand safety, compliance and risk
- Compliance - Operational oversight of regulatory and self-regulatory timelines, milestones, and budgets to meet compliance objectives including MRC, TAG, and IAB as well as working closely with other groups on SOC, security standards etc.
- Brand Safety – Set the definition and standards around Brand safety (IVT, Ad Quality, Content Adjacency/Avoidance etc.) across all FW products and work with the business to ensure implementation of and adherence to those taking into account FreeWheel’s overall position and the differing needs for each product and region as appropriate.
- Data Privacy Standards – work closely with the business and product to develop overall approach to and ensure compliance with data privacy standards (including but not limited to CCPA, GDPR and the other data privacy legislation) and work with the industry to develop standards and solutions. Work with business, product and legal to determine our appropriate legal status under legislation based on our uses of data.
- External outreach - Serve as an industry thought leader on trust, standards, compliance and coordinate across FreeWheel where we need to be proactive in influencing industry standards across the full range of issues that impact FreeWheel.
This role will be based in NYC. You will closely work with our regional teams based primarily in NYC, Chicago, Paris, London, and other major FreeWheel hubs around the globe. Some domestic and international travel is required.
- Generally requires over 10+ years experience in marketing, media, advertising or related industries
- In-depth knowledge of Digital Advertising and TV Supply Chain and Programmatic
- Proven interest in and exposure to standards and compliance bodies and passionate about working across the industry to find common solutions to problems
- Equally comfortable in the weeds as shaping and influencing the big picture
- Commercial mindset coupled with a strong technical understanding
- Strong leader and people manager who is not afraid to make difficult decisions
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Ability to work well across groups in an ambiguous fast-moving environment
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that’s already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer