Are you passionate about communication technology, entertainment, and software services? Do you like challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? The Project Manager is the face of Comcast Technology Solutions’ Voice Services syndicated to telephone carriers/partners. You will be leading project teams, strengthening established relationships and identifying ways to optimize existing operational processes. Collaborating and implementing overall technology strategy, providing insight and direction for diverse and complex functions, and contributing to the development of the organization’s business strategy.
- Work with assigned engineering teams to identify requirements, deliverables and timelines, ensuring clear understanding of project scope
- Collaborate with product and program management teams to ensure engineering projects are aligned with strategic business goals and product prioritization
- Ensure all executive sponsors and partners receive timely communication regarding progress of assigned product engineering initiatives
- Facilitate effective product requirements gathering and discovery of activities with customers or internal partners
- Develop project plans; clearly defining breakthroughs, risks, dependencies and critical path items
- Track tasks and achievements across all parties, including vendors or external partners
- Facilitate problem management resolution; handle issues across teams and external customers, track issue resolution with lead engineer(s) or engineering managers; and handle project change management
- Identify and lead critical path and risk areas, and build mitigation plans and advance issues as the need arises to unblock open issues
- Work with other technical project managers/partners to track and lead inter-project dependencies
- Lead effective meetings with both external and internal senior management teams
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance, and when to engage senior management
PREFFERED EXPERIENCE/ PERFORMANCE
- University or College Degree in either Technical or Business Discipline or equivalent
- 2-5+ years leading complex technical or engineering projects with multiple geographically dispersed teams
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, planning and risk management skills.
- Ambitious problem solver who is flexible and able to thrive in a multifaceted and customer-focused environment
- High attention to detail and ability to lead projects and people through uncertainty.
- Must be able to lead multiple parallel engineering projects with 3rd party or partner vendor dependencies
- Knowledge and ability to apply software development and engineering lifecycle methodologies from conception to delivery
- Previous experience with the following strongly preferred: Agile Methodologies, Lean Process, Six Sigma, JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, ServiceNow, Project Management tools
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer