Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Next Generation Access Network (NGAN) team is at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
The TPX NGAN Technical Project Manager is responsible for defining E2E project schedules for delivery of key technical deliverables for large scale, highly complex technology initiatives and working closely with cross-functional resources and teams to ensure successful delivery against those schedules. The successful candidate will help facilitate and collaborate to align teams to a common understanding of success, scope, milestones, risks/issues and delivery targets. Close coordination with the appropriate Technology and Product leads will be required to ensure alignment between the teams on schedule commitments and risk management. Demonstrated use of courage, curiosity, trust and respect in communications and interactions will be critical to success.
- Functions as a Technical Project Manager assigned to specific deliverables, complex technical workstream(s) or multi-workstream technical projects. Includes development & test phases as well as facilitation of trials and deployment planning if required and requires balancing of customer, employee and stakeholder needs while providing clear objectives to help teams prioritize work.
- Provides project management support including but not limited to; project plan development, issue investigation, development of risk and mitigation plans, creative problem solving, appropriate escalations, communications and coordination with internal and external resources/teams.
- Communicates with development teams, operations, product and stakeholders as required and develops strong relationships with technical teams and work stream owners. Targets communication to the audience and presents effectively to groups.
Uses project management tools and methodologies including Agile/Scrum to manage the project and align key resources to common definitions and milestones.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Agile support tools.
- Understanding of and practical experience with development lifecycles, including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, meeting facilitation, organizational and time management skills required
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Ability to drive success and collaborate in a matrixed organization
- This position will be located at Comcast’s offices in Philadelphia, PA.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Specifications: (Essential knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Technical discipline
- PMP desired
- Generally requires 13+ years experience
- BA/BS, 5-7 years relevant technical project management, engineering or program management responsibility
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.