The NGAN DevOps 2 is part of the NGAN Operations team that is responsible for building and operating the VCMTS platform. This position with work with the development teams for incident mitigation and problem management.
- Work closely with Development, Deployment, Incident, Problem, Quality, Program, Product and Management teams.
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
- Partner with Division and Regional Engineering teams for Product reliability improvements.
- Implement market leading process and operational strategies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
Job Specifications: (Essential knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Education/Certifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Linux Certifications a plus
- Work related experience
- Operations experience in a 24x7 Environment.
- Strong understanding of the following technologies:
- Unix/Linux Environments
- Scripting and automation (bash, python, etc…)
- Proven experience and skill with network troubleshooting and configuration.
- Proven experience and skill with server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible and Git experience is a plus.
- Experience building and replacing system hardware.
- Software upgrades/deployment experience a plus.
- Cloud infrastructure experience a plus.
- Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT services is a plus.
- Essential Job Function
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor. Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees, external vendors and management teams
- This candidate must be able to adapt and switch between management and Product subject matter expert responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to achieve specific results with little direction.
- Ability to work under pressure being adaptable and responsive to organizational requirements.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.