Network Engineer II
This role is located at Comcast’s Bishops Gate campus in Mt Laurel, NJ with easy access to several major roads and I-295.
Role & Responsibilities
This Network Engineer II position supports the Legal Response Center (LRC) and is responsible for troubleshooting and forensic analysis of issues on the Comcast IP network. The LRC Engineering team consists of several highly experienced network engineering resources and is extremely collaborative in nature.
The Network Engineer II will execute all required processes associated with server deployments, data processing, and application support. All requirements support the TPX Cybersecurity’s commitment to Comcast’s CDV, HIS, Video (Triple Play), Xfinity Wi-Fi, Home Security, and Xfinity Mobile business model.
This role also supports and assures continuity of LRC systems and support, monitoring deployed systems to identify and mitigate potential failures with applications, systems, and other network elements. Engineering challenges are openly discussed with efficiency, agility and the overall customer experience in mind. Weekly engineering team meetings are used to assure all ideas are raised and discussed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 2-5 years related experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in policy or security engineering.
- A demonstrated ability to implement network designs, server staging and deployment, virtualization and security concepts and strategies.
- Ability to confidently handle and dispose of sensitive subscriber data with an acute awareness of proximity to others during case discussions.
- Work under the direction and supervision of more senior team engineers to complete assigned network projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux and Windows scripting, process automation (administration), programming languages such as PERL, Python, and secure configuration.
- Knowledge of forensic evidence handling, chain of custody requirements and system auditing for post-mortem analysis.
- Application level experience with configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Familiarization with VMWare and database administration.
- Basic knowledge of VoIP including PSTN, call routing, Cisco, IMS, Broadsoft, call data channels and call content channels.
- Ability to observe, process, document, and discuss information and media relating to Legal Response Center operations that may be offensive in nature.
- Experience operating in a TCP / IP traffic flow environment with in-depth knowledge in CIDR, TCP, UDP, ICMP, TFTP, DHCP, NAT/PAT, DNS, SSH, and SMTP required.
- Experience with VoIP technology and industry standards such as SIP, COPS, TRIP, SCTP, and MGCP.
- Experience with all services for DOCSIS provisioning suite (dhcp, tftp, dns, time of day).
- Participation in an on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support.
- Minimum travel may be required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.