Responsible for coordinating and supervising the daily operations of the
Excellence in Operations (XOC) team that monitors, repairs, and
maintains network infrastructure. Provides guidance, solutions, and
resources for staff in matters of technical and procedural issues.
Ensures adherence to department procedures, processes, and policies.
Maintains relationships with people across a variety of areas within the
organization. Provides expertise and guidance in department projects
and initiatives and in cross-functional project teams. Sets priorities
for the team. Assigns tasks and checks work at regular intervals.
Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other
full-time employees or their equivalent.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Communicates and implements Company and department policies,
procedures, and processes at ground level to ensure efficient and
effective support for all operating systems. Ensures that established
National Service Level Agreements for all processes and procedures are
followed at all levels.
- Implements and maintains monitoring processes for all services,
network performance, network maintenance, telecommunications
maintenance, facilities management, CMTS's, and overall network
- Assures proper tracking and reporting of network related measurements
including network health reports, post-mortem of outages, outage
reports, headend reports, trending reports/analysis, and
- Participates in department projects and initiatives and provides
knowledge and leadership in cross-functional project teams.
- Acts as a resource for staff on technical and procedural questions and
concerns. Provides solutions and escalates certain issues to the
- Coordinates daily goals and tasks and communicates expectations to the
team. Supervises to ensure tasks are completed on time and in
accordance with Company policy.
- Mentors, trains, and develops staff. Escalates work performance issues
to the proper personnel when necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer