An exciting position as a full stack developer has recently opened up in the Excellence in Operation Center (XOC). You will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing new software and web applications using the normal Software Development Life Cycle practices in an Agile environment. You will be part of a cross-functional team working directly with users to solve business critical problems. Your in-depth knowledge and skills will assist in analyzing these complex business problems on a highly technical level to provide simple, fast and easy to use solutions back to our user base.
- Develop and code in PHP, Python, GraphQL, with experience in .net and C languages to be helpful with legacy applications.
- Write and update APIs coming from MYSQL, MSSQL, MELD and other data sources across Comcast.
- Have a strong knowledge of data processing via APIs/ETLs into Databases with keen analytical abilities to ensure data correctness and relevance.
- Break down feature specifications into simple elements and translate logic into the applicable programming language with minimum steps as possible while using clean programing methodologies
- Update linux and windows environments to current released
- Devise possible solutions to anticipated problems and present ideas for system improvements
- Conduct unit testing and deploying the program/module into production; react to problems to making the necessary updates
- Connect with users to understand product usage; translate feedback into highly usable products.
- Maintain source code repositories according to the SDLC.
- Review business needs and transform the business logic into system logic to drive actionable business decisions and deliver features that maintain the highest positive ROI.
- Strive to be a change agent and bring others with us throughout the change life cycle while delivering on the sprint commitment.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Software Development, Deployment, Testing and Documentation Lifecycles
- Web Design and Development leveraging an MVC framework
- Database Management and Design
- Software Integration
- Brilliant Logical Thinking
- UNIX Administration
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Exceptional analytical skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer