Responsible for planning, crafting, building, monitoring, and supporting new and existing software and web applications in a 24x7x365 global environment. You will participate in development, testing, and debugging software components in a complex and innovative environment. The candidate documents all development and operations activity working in an Agile team working aggressively in 2-week sprints. Works with moderate mentorship in own area of knowledge.
Key technical skills required are: Java, SQL.
Key technical skills desired are: Oracle, Cloud Technologies (AWS, Cloud Foundry), AppDynamics, Kibana, GoCD, and Ansible.
- Must be a strong team player, an excellent communicator, and possess and display a positive attitude.
- Must be ambitious and hardworking and display a sense of ownership and accountability for their work. Quality and accuracy are key measurements for success.
- Must be able to learn quickly through self-guided learning. Learning new tools, technologies, and Comcast business applications and data models are ongoing activities in this exciting environment.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and improves current applications. Develops and Tests software for existing and new applications. Assists in the roll-out and monitoring of software releases.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Participates in researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including sequence diagrams, software designs, demos, acceptance criteria, test results, technical manuals, monitoring plans, support strategies, and any retrospective recommendations.
- Displays project management skills and managing their tasks and deliverables per the project schedules.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Computer Science, Engineering
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience or internships
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer