CIEC Operations Engineer
We're looking for an operation-focused engineer with experience in maintaining and delivering a highly available set of environments and services. This role will focus on roughly 60% maintaining existing services, and 40% on improving the performance and availability of these services. This includes managing service configurations, deploying updated code to our environments, and building or improving existing tools to assist with this management.
We deliver highly available application services and APIs using both Linux and Windows Server environments in on-premise data centers around the world. Your work will improve the integration between these services and the overall experience of our customers and their end users as a result.
- Maintain, manage, upgrade, and improve the operation of services in multiple environments and technologies which are required to be available 24/7/365.
- Define, measure, and report on SLAs for Production services.
- Build and use effective push-button tools to deploy and monitor Production systems.
- Collaborate with engineering team members to plan and communicate rollouts of new service updates to customers.
- 3+ years of relevant experience including Quality Engineering, Software Engineering, or DevOps Engineering.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, Bash, or Ruby.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows Server environments.
- Passionate about topics such as Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
RMP (Remote Media Processor) and related on-premise services are being replaced by modern kubernetes and cloud-based solutions. Our Content Processing tribe needs to be focused on building the new suite to meet and compete in the market. We’re looking for a team of Engineers to sustain and update RMP and related services as we mature our product and transition customers to the new architecture.
RMP and related services like SPWS (Stream Packager Web Service) and RAWS (Remote Analysis Web Service) handle all of the transcoding, packaging, and analysis operations for our MPX customers globally. These services currently run in Seattle, Philadelphia, London, and a Comcast NDC in Ashburn, VA.
- Core Development Technologies
- C# & .Net framewrk 4/4.5
- Java 7+
- Micrsoft Visual Studio and MSBuild
- Subversin based Version Control such as Perforce
- Core Test Technologies
- Grovy + TestNG
- Test Driven Develpment using Unit/Functional Testing
- Third-party Integrations and Managed Vendor Services
- AWS Elemental Cnductor/Server
- Rhzet Carbon Encoder
- Adbe Packager
- Telestream CaptinMaker
- Unified Streaming mp4split
- Production Environments
- Windws Server 2008/2012
- Linux (CentOS)
CIEC Engineers will triage, investigate, and verify issues reported by customers on a day-to-day basis while communicating with customer representatives such as internal Support groups and Professional Services. Fixes for verified issues would be scheduled for work by collaborating with the Technical Delivery Manager or CIEC’s Engineering Manager. The Seattle Content Processing team will be available to handle production issues and outages and work with the CIEC Engineering team to equip them for navigating these types of events.
CIEC Engineers will deploy updated versions of the RMP application and related services to Production servers and environments as updates and support for customer issues dictates. The Seattle Content Processing team will provide an overview of the existing tool sets and best practices as part of a transition of ownership.
Production Farm Management
CIEC Operations Engineers will manage, upgrade, and reconfigure deployed services on Production servers to:
- Ensure high availability of all service features for customers
- Redirect customer traffic during service outages or maintenance periods
- Remove outdated versions of products from the Production environments.
CIEC Engineers will work with the Product Manager and Technical Delivery Manager to determine whether new features or plugins should be developed based on their value to existing customers and their apparent cost to implement and maintain. Engineers will then work with the Engineering Manager to estimate, schedule, and execute the planned work.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.