Responsible for coordinating and supervising a team of National Network
Surveillance Engineers. Supervises the activities related to monitoring
the network infrastructure through the use of surveillance software and
diagnostic tools. Serves as a technical expert and escalation point for
the detection and repair of network faults. Customarily and regularly
directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Manages network troubleshooting, outage detection and resolution, and
the overall improvement of operational efficiencies.
- Oversees all monitoring processes for services, network performance,
and network maintenance. Ensures team follows proper policies and
procedures with regards to notifications and escalations of outages and
- Implements appropriate timing, scheduling, and specific procedures for
revision/conversion of departmental tasks, functions, and procedures
that support the end-to-end process structure.
- Conducts training and development for all network dispatch support
- Provides ongoing support to operating centers.
- Ensures proper tracking and reporting of network related measurements
and periodic summary data and reports as required.
- Recruits, builds and maintains a highly functioning team. Provides
supervision and leadership, including feedback, coaching and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer