Responsible for building, managing, operating, and continuously
improving Systems, Storage, Database, and/or Tools Infrastructure that
support Comcast's customer facing applications, back-office, and
provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment. Focuses on
architecting, building, deploying and stabilizing code, services,
systems, and tools. Drives standardization and service focused
instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise. Resolves break/fix
scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary and partners/leads
vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Contributes to
command and control related activities focused on restoration of complex
outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and
directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies
when necessary to address issues across the infrastructure. May
participate on 24/7 on-call rotation. Integrates knowledge of business
and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops solutions for very complex and wide-reaching systems engineering
problems. Sets new policies and procedures to handle future issues. Creates systems
engineering and architectural documentation to be used by others to build and
- Interfaces with customers to implement issue resolution and routine maintenance updates and configuration optimization
- Interfaces with equipment vendors to resolve and document equipment fixes, firmware upgrades, etc.
- Interfaces with off-net providers to resolve transport, outage and CPE-caused issues including cooperative testing.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities: Provides
in-depth knowledge of Operating System internals to aid in troubleshooting complex
problems. Acts as an expert on at least one supported Operating System. Mentors
- Database Platform Management responsibilities: Masters understanding
of database concepts, availability, performance, usage and configuration. Sets up,
troubleshoots, and tunes complex standard and non-standard replication.
- Storage and Backup responsibilities: Sets up, troubleshoots, and tunes
complex SAN software issues. Uses knowledge of existing storage platforms to
evaluate and recommend new technologies.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities: Develops software in
several modern languages. Develops database-backed systems and has a solid
understanding of DB schema and query performance. Designs horizontally-scalable
solutions with indepth hands on experience.
- Networking responsibilities: Recommends or helps architect an entire
system, including network design and topology. Expert in understanding and
performing TCP dumps, snoop, and other network sniffers. Understands and applies
knowledge required to operate a managed Enterprise solution.
- Analyzes systems and makes recommendations to prevent possible problems. Takes
lead on issue resolution activities using knowledge of complex and company-wide
- Leads end-to end audit of monitors and alarms based on subsystem knowledge.
Takes the lead on defining the requirements for new tools required for operations
- Utilizes time management and project management skills to lead the resolution of
issues in a timely and organized manner, effectively communicating necessary
information. May consult directly with clients or third party vendors; provides subject
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer