This is a hands-on job for a “big data” engineer. The job requires both serious technical chops and effective communication skills. You will provide technical leadership in an environment that moves fast, collaborates between teams and team members, and that expects you to own your projects.
The Digital Home Client Analytics team works closely with our platform engineering team, AI teams, and Client development teams to manage all stages of the data pipeline. We make use of technologies like Spark, Hive, Presto, and Snowflake in our ETL pipelines which expose the data to our analyst and machine learning applications. Design and develop tools that automatically detect data anomalies, enable analysts and engineers to easily build/manage their own ETLs. 2019 and 2020 will be the year of data for the Digital Home and we are looking for someone to help design and implement an A/B testing system for xFi and xHome product lines. Candidate will work closely with highly skilled engineers on consumer facing digital home client applications and working through IoT data. Our products are Syndicated to other MSO's so we have to design these systems to be multi-tenant from the beginning.
We are looking for someone with a strong sense of responsibility: taking pride in your work, leveraging others, owning the problem. And you love, and we mean love, data.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience.
- In-depth technical experience with building Data pipeline utilizing various AWS Services (S3, Kinesis, Athena, EMR), Spark, Snowflake.
- Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL - Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
- General software engineering and programming experience; most of our larger projects are in Java, but we also have scripts in Python, and Bash.
- ETL and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, and Kafka.
- LINUX experience.
- In-depth Skills with Java or Scala, advance SQL expertise.
- Nice to have BI or Data Analytics background, mobile development background.
- Willing to collaborate, should be proactive in providing ideas around the complex requirements.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Nice To Have
- BI Analytics
- Ops / DevOps experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer