The candidate will be responsible for capacity planning and network augments of the HFC cable plant serving residential and commercial customers. This engineer is expected to manage each network augment to completion and make design recommendations based on engineering and budgetary guidelines. This position requires a good understanding of DOCSIS Specifications, CMTS/vCMTS, and HFC/DAA Architecture. Project Management experience is a plus.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Develop and maintain working relationships with regional and national partners.
- Maintain a technological understanding of network parameters and KPIs related to capacity.
- Supports the investigation and provides a solution in relationship to (related to) capacity areas.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end process for network augmentations.
- Communicate with key stakeholders regarding issue resolution and other pertinent matters that impact capacity.
- Leads or participates in projects that define processes and procedures related to capacity management.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops practices and procedures for network installation, maintenance and operation.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for network elements.
- Schedules equipment activations, customer-affecting network maintenance – develops documents of customer networks for network users. Meets with potential customers, designs solutions, works with vendors on pricing and implements solutions that are adaptable to customer need changes.
- Exercises judgment during incident management, site design, network configuration and network activation to ensure efficient use of funds and time.
- Designs network site planning for multiple regional network sites.
- Represents Regional Company interests with providers to ensure timely delivery of circuits.
- Develops and maintains network element documentation and inventory. Maintains appropriate inventory or network spare equipment for rapid restoration.
- Orders, tracks and reports on all internal and external wired and wireless connection activation activities.
- Develops cost proposal documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer