Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Responsible for monthly close process for assigned business units. Maintains work papers for prepaid and accrual accounts, as well as entering monthly journal entries. Detailed analysis of monthly operating results ensuring financial accuracy. Assists with the internal and external audit process as needed. Assist in the execution of monthly accounting and external reporting for linear and digital advertising affiliate partnerships including performing the following key tasks; database maintenance, data review, report creation and distribution, revenue share payments, journal entries, and monitoring compliance to contract terms. Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the database and the centralized contract repository utilized for weekly and monthly reporting. Assist in requirement development, testing, and implementation of database enhancements to support process improvement initiatives. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Prepares financial reports, analyzing data for management review.
- Compiles difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific account ledgers.
- Researches various documentation such as contracts, SOW’s, etc. to determine proper calculations and reporting.
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger, investigates variances, determines root causes, and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper backup to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results, researching variances to forecast and budget, prior month and prior year.
- Interprets complex accounting data in order to comply with new accounting policy implementation.
- Acts as a liaison between various functions, vendors and the cable accounts payable team.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes within designated area of responsibility to support the Accounting, Operations, and Sales functions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Accounting preferred or Finance degree with equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in industry and/or public accounting or similar work environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, ability to work with large data sets/database tools, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain accurate financial records
- Experience with SQL Management Studio a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Oracle and SmartView a plus
- CPA or progress towards it a plus
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer