Comcast Business Advanced Analytics team is looking for an analytical expert with strong SQL skills who enjoys rolling up their sleeves working on solving complex business questions using large, complex real-world behavioral data. Your work will directly impact Comcast highly visible business decisions.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Independently able to answer a question using the entirety of the data analysis pipeline, including data extraction, data cleaning, model and feature selection, model comparison, data visualization, and oral presentation.
- Works closely with other business units to identify current processes and pain points, and then collaborates on innovative and practical solutions.
- You are a data translator: you can take even the most complex algorithm and explain it clearly to a non-technical audience.
- May serve as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams. Mentors and trains junior team members.
- Has experience working and joining together large, disparate data sets to uncover actionable insights.
- Develops and deploys predictive models based on historical data that provide future predictions about customer behavior.
- Able to produce a deep-dive analysis with limited direction and deliver insights that help the business understand the “why”.
- Collaborates with both the analytic organization and its technology partners to define and publish complex data products.
- Provides training to and acts as technical resource for team members.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more data subject areas such as sales, call center, network operation, and financial data.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments. Presents results, recommendations, and business insights to broader senior leadership team.
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Performs basic research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server, Oracle and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for projects and data requests.
- Participates in multiple enterprise wide projects by providing data analysis to project leaders.
- Follows best practices and established policies in business intelligence data analysis, maintenance, and data quality.
- Creates technical documentation (internal).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server, Oracle and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis
- SQL expert. You will be the go-to person to answer all things analytics, so you must be extremely comfortable working independently in SQL
- Creates effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and analytical dashboards / analytical tools for business users in Tableau.
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and Gantt charts
- Effectively utilizes features and Best Practices of Tableau and visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products.
- Intermediate skills in Python/R/SAS, other relational database analytical tools, as well as a willingness to pick up new skills in this area
- Python Django skill preferred and not required
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Big Data Experience a plus – working with Hortonworks/Hadoop.
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple analyses in parallel. Master’s in a quantitative discipline such as data science, statistics, economics, psychology, engineering, marketing, computer science, mathematics, or finance (a plus)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels.
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm.
- Skill in identifying data issues and anomalies during analysis.
- Adept at managing competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests.
Education Level - Bachelor’s Degree
Field of Study - Business, Business Intelligence, Information Systems, or related field
Years’ Experience - Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer