Responsible for all aspects system administration and support including
hardware maintenance, system integration, system architecture and
configuration, network stability, and system performance. Acts as leader
of the group on assigned projects, provides project coordination among
team members. Has depth and breadth of experience in own discipline.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a
key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Schedules, coordinates, and performs all server hardware, software,
and operating system installations and upgrades, repairing and
- Maintains system tables; adds and removes users, hosts, and printers.
- Monitors client/server load distribution and provides proactive
solutions to eliminate potential configuration bottlenecks.
- Resolves system, network, and hardware problems and assists users by
phone and/or in person.
- Installs and tests system software, installs third party software, and
tests software as determined by user.
- Maintains call sheets on server service; places service calls on
printers and hardware.
- Performs backups and restores for various servers and other systems.
- Provides and maintains engineering plans for systems architecture and
systems integration that allows for planned growth of the user
- Institutes and maintains tight system security checks, while ensuring
that the productivity of the user community is not diminished.
- Writes scripts for special applications and assists users in writing
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer