You will be joining an established group of product owners, UX/UI designers, developers, quality testers, data operations, deployment manager, communications, training and operations that support over 20 tools for thousands of sales agents in all sales channels for consumer services (residential products).
The Sr. Manager of Salesforce Tools manages a team of Product Owners and also shares the responsibilities of a Product Owner for developing and maintaining the vision of their assigned tools while ensuring requested new and enhanced features meet requirements that yield a measurable return on investment (ROI). They will also ensure that all new and enhanced tools built on the Salesforce platform are consistent with the sales channel and National Sales Operations priorities and strategy, adhere to tool UX strategy and UI design guidelines and align with the company’s technology direction. You will work together with your team in collaborating with business stakeholders and an Agile team throughout the development lifecycle from defining requirements to the acceptance of deliverables. The Product Owner also assists with deployment, training and change management to ensure deliverables are fully operational in production.
The Sr. Manager of Salesforce Tools will oversee all requests for new and enhanced tools from stakeholders that are built on the Salesforce platform and manage the partnership with the development team to support overall logistics while addressing problems and opportunities. They will also be accountable for defining scopes and obtaining estimates from the development team for concept projects (to evaluate technical feasibility before a decision to implement in production) and deployment projects (solutions to be released in production that require months of work and coordinate across multiple groups).
- Manage a team of Product Owners that may include employees and contracted resources
- Manage partnership with internal dev team and its leadership to ensure deliverables meet stakeholder expectation and address licensing and resourcing requirements as necessary.
- Collaborate with the dev team, its architect and leadership to continually evaluate opportunities to leverage the Salesforce and other technical platforms to provide measurable value to the business.
- Gain a thorough understanding of owned applications and features – including UI, data, business logic and system integrations.
- Establish and apply evaluation criteria used to vet and prioritize all business requests that is rooted in providing a measurable return on investment.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to maintain a backlog of feature requests and maintain a product roadmap for the next 12 months for all tools built on the Salesforce platform
- Maintain a thorough awareness of the use cases supported by owned applications and how users interact with it. Utilize multiple feedback mechanisms to understand user behavior including field visits, incident data, social interaction and analytics.
- Attend all Agile ceremonies (grooming, planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.) and be readily available to development team and business stakeholders through the SDLC.
- Prioritize the backlog and ensure there are refined stories to keep the development team fully utilized for the next 2 sprints (one month).
- Collaborate with developers and testers to ensure that acceptance criteria is fully understood and adequately tested.
- Accept all user stories completed by the development team before they become a release candidate.
- Ensure there is adequate documentation and knowledge transfer to support deployments/releases and operational processes – user guides, training and communication.
- Provide weekly status reports summarizing accomplishments, challenges / issues and future work plans.
- Directly contribute to NSO initiatives to improve operational processes and quality, speed and value of nationalized capabilities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or Associate degree in Business or related studies.
- Salesforce Admin certification.
- Minimum 2 years managing direct reports, including conducting performance reviews.
- Minimum 4 years defining requirements for Salesforce applications.
- Minimum 4 years on an Agile team writing user stories.
- Generally requires 8-11+ years of overall related experience
- Proficiency in documenting use cases, BRDs, web application / Salesforce requirements and product roadmaps.
- Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel and Visio and other tools used to document and track business requirements.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience in cable and/or telecommunications.
- Knowledge and/or experience with CLM / Apttus.
- Experience using Rally.
- Passion for continuous process improvement.
- Driven by goals and pursuit of professional development.
- Ability to rapidly re-prioritize and handle shifting priorities while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and adaptability.
- Strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations.
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges.
- Must have “can do” / “will do” attitude.
- Must be a team player - highly adaptive, resourceful, accountable, enjoys learning and sharing.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer