Responsible for quality control/monitoring the actives of construction contractors to ensure residential, commercial projects, and system maintenance and inspections are completed in accordance with established Comcast standards. Performs Outside Plant Quality Control inspections and or damage. Works to ensure State, Federal or other regulatory established standards are adhered to in the overall operation of Comcast’s Aerial and Underground facilities. Must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to provide detailed written notes for inspections.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as:
- Placing hardline cables
- Frame and strand poles
- Transfer facilities between poles
- Place cable in joint trench
- Safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site quality standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects as they relate to quality.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Performs quality control to ensure projects are meeting current specifications and may change depending on new rules and or regulation enacted in the operating State
- Work area may vary day to day and covers the entire division footprint.
- Ability to communicate to leadership, network operations or Construction team members issues related to Plant Construction in a clear concise matter.
- Ability to use basic cable installation tools and hand tools and perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs,) including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers,) ladders, and bucket trucks (18 to 20 feet,) as determined.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC,) the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC,) the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), various state and local codes including G.O. 95 and G.O. 128, (when applicable,) and the policies and procedures.
- Works within manufacturer’s rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general, may be a concern.
- Able to apply common sense, theory, and experience to decision-making; able to recognize similarities between past and present situation; able to identify key issues or use inductive reasoning in complex situations and to communicate courteously and professionally.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Able to use active listening skills or attend to non-verbal cues to better understand others perspectives, behaviors or motivations; able to empathize with others needs and respond sensitively; able to use good judgment when responding and respond to sensitively: able to use good judgment when responding.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Graduate or above
Years of Experience-
- Generally, requires 5 years technical operations, network operations or Construction related experience.
- Experience in a quality control environment is preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer