This position resides within the HQ Integrated Supply Chain Operations team and will be responsible for leading operational continuous improvement efforts by partnering closely with internal & external functional leads to drive end to end Supply Chain excellence with the goal of exceeding end customer satisfaction and reducing overall costs.
Self-starter, passionate about discovering and solving complex problems, effective, inquisitive, flexible and team-oriented, this role will enjoy innovation driven bandwidth, subject to performance and stretch-goal results.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Responsible for the design, development and execution of continuous improvement projects to streamline operational processes with a Supply Chain Quality focus. Use of continuous improvement methodologies including, but not limited to 5S, Lean Sigma Principles, distribution, cost modeling
- Review and monitor trends in operational KPIs and metrics to assess challenges and effectiveness of current state processes to drive optimum operations and enhance the company’s quality management system. This will include, but not limited to areas such as inventory, production, transportation and cost.
- Work closely with key internal and external Supply Chain functional leads and stakeholders to drive process improvements that quantitatively and qualitatively improve costs, quality, production and service. Focus on company-wide and inter-departmental processes that require a high degree of collaboration and communication.
- Partner with the Supply Chain Analytics team on requirements, testing, and adoption of reporting and dashboards. Analyze data to deliver business outcomes and inferences.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior level management and internal/external stakeholders
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Field of study in Supply Chain Management, Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt) a plus
- Ability to modify SQL queries for automation/simulation
- Basic statistical analysis / data wrangling background using an off-the-shelf package (ex: Powerpivot, Minitab, R) preferred
- Ability to visualize the total process and aid in locating problem areas using process mapping, quality improvement and visualization tools (ex. Tableau) to locate, quantify and correct root causes of problems
- Prior experience as a business analyst. Must be adept with databases, spreadsheets and manipulating large volumes of data including ability to summarize and analyze actual results against expected performance, identify and provide actionable plans to eliminate causes of quality below specifications, process variation and non-value adding activities
- Experience with electronic documents management systems preferred
- Experience in authorship of standard operating procedures and related documentation
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders. Must have proven interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on team-oriented environment
- Have strong attention to details, organized and have a high sense of urgency in which to provide solutions and recommendations to the internal and external teams
- Experience in the Telecommunications and/or Cable Industry a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer