Responsible for planning and designing new software modules, interfaces, integrations and applications. Responsible for operating commercial software applications, looking for automation opportunities and efficiencies. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development and operations activity. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Knowledge of Spectrum and SNMP polling, ICMP, and SNMP Trap receipt and processing.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software modules, interfaces, integrations and applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed, and commercial software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary, including on-call rotation.
- Knowledgeable in the following programming languages, platforms, & tools: Python, Ruby, Java, C#, Perl, Unix/Linux shell scripting, Powershell & other Windows and Linux toolsets, .Net, Git, Kafka, Apache,
- Experience with operating, maintaining and upgrading, troubleshooting commercial software, including: CA Spectrum, SevOne, and Ericsson Experience Manager
- In-depth understanding of network technologies: SNMP, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer