This exciting position is with the Comcast digital team working on the sales platform creating cloud microservices to drive sales. Responsible for planning and designing new software services on the platform using microservice approach. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Collaborates with project partners to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices meaningful to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Step in as a functional architect/designer and analyst as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are looking for strong backend Java developers that can help build highly scalable and performing platform level APIs that are accessed by numerous consumers and are accessed millions of times a day. We are looking to develop and deploy these in AWS and Comcast Native cloud platforms.
- Minimum 4-6 years of software development using Java
- 2-3 years on Java technologies including J2EE, JDBC, Web services (SOAP/JSON) along with Oracle experience.
- 1-3 years of Spring framework, specifically Spring Boot
- Excellent design, coding and debugging skills
- Experience developing REST interfaces
- Understanding and experience developing and deploying microservices
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate and open source software a big plus
- Experience with one of the NoSQL or Graph data management technologies is desirable (Redis, Cassandra, Neo4J etc.)
- Experience developing and deploying applications in any native cloud technologies such as CloudFoundry
Nice To Have
- Experience developing applications in Oracle PL/SQL, Pentaho, ETL tools
- Experience with AWS, Lambda Serverless development
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with dockerizing applications
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 4-6 years related experience
There is no sponsorship available for this position at this time.
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer