Responsible for managing designs and construction of all activities in support of plant constructions, rebuilds, and existing plant upgrades. Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, and other construction efforts. Provides management support for Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations, and Project Management. Has accountability for managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering
performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of, departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Schedules construction projects; oversees compliance of safety standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Initiates and monitors processes for expenditures and ensures budgets are met.
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety regulations are being upheld.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports on project status.
- Manages all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to Company Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State, County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Manages Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians to provide feedback in order to help employees with career development.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer