Work Location: Chennai, India
Job Title: Engineer 2
Shift Work Disclaimer: Candidate must be willing to work any of the shifts covering 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM IST and OR 1:30 PM to 10.00 PM IST; workweek may include weekends and shift timings may vary based on business needs and priorities.
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for the technical deployment, maintenance, reliability and performance of infrastructure. Work with Platform Infrastructure team (which plan and designs new software applications) for operational design, reliability, testing, maintenance/capacity planning, and performance. Apply best DevOps practices for CI/CD and assist in the integration of new applications in existing or new/expanded production systems. Involved in the intake, documentation, and software best practices for all operational activities. Train and mentor both technical and non-technical personnel. Assist with defining and tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to foster cross-functional knowledge sharing and mentoring among the various engineering teams.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in systems administration and engineering.
- Strong ability to collaborate with peers and stakeholders around system designs, capacity, road maps and resource allocation.
- Experience Data Center Operations planning and driving efficiencies across the infrastructure.
- Experience with developing and enforcing standards and best practices in managing large scale cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience with infrastructure sizing and scaling dependent upon application load and demand.
- Highly proficient in managing Linux based systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with a variety of Unix/Linux automation and scripting languages such as Python,
- Experience with large scale infrastructure automation.
- Experience with distributed system architectures.
- Knowledge of Hyper-converged and Immutable Infrastructure.
- Strong communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies.
- Ability to propose systems design and configuration improvements.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and handle multiple priorities.
- Capable of supporting hundreds of systems both virtual and physical.
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex system designs.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to problem solve systems issues.
- Good communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies.
- Great design and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
- Develops tools and processes to deploy and maintain the infrastructure.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
- Ensures team deploys and maintains production software and hardware on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Experience across all facets of Operations: running production systems, network infrastructure, security, data center management, capacity management and EOL transitions, hardware infrastructure and RMA processes, automated deployment, Agile methodologies, site reliability and performance metrics.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace. Comcast is an equal employment employer.