The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) immerses students into the daily operations of a contemporary media and technology company while working side-by-side with Comcast’s top innovators. Students become an integral part of the Comcast team while working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units. Throughout the experience, there is opportunity for exposure to mentorship and professional development while having some fun and cultivating meaningful relationships.
The Data Analytics Intern will be responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide insights and information which supports a fact-based decision making process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Works under general supervision and may require training and detailed instructions for assigned tasks.
Core Responsibilities Will Include:
- Coalescing data from a variety of systems and platforms that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, and media/behavioral/attitudinal data in support of large scale projects.
- Interpreting problems using existing procedures and framework using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics (e. g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models).
- Producing analysis of historical patterns in customer behaviors and product performance from complex realworld behavioral data.
- Conducting quantitative/observational studies to help identify the relative success of past initiatives or to properly quantify future areas of opportunity
- Constructing forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on applying data science techniques to business data.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Master’s degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2022 or 2021.
- Major: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Adobe Photoshop
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of statistical inference and quantitative analysis techniques
- Understanding of statistical modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, clustering techniques.
- Ability to apply advanced statistical techniques using SAS, R, Python, etc.
-Understanding or experience working within an enterprise data warehouse environment, (including SQL, procedural SQL, and ETL) in relational DB environments and MPP platforms (Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed computing platforms, such as Hadoop, and associated technologies such as MapReduce, Spark, Yarn, and Hive.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer