The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) immerses students into the daily operations of a contemporary media and technology company while working side-by-side with Comcast’s top innovators. Students become an integral part of the Comcast team while working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units. Throughout the experience, there is opportunity for exposure to mentorship and professional development while having some fun and cultivating meaningful relationships.
The Comcast Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) Strategic Analytics team is looking for a hands-on analyst who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to solve complex business questions through data.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Be able to partner and build successful and strong relationships with the business partners including product teams to find game changing insights through quantitative analysis
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analysis that drives meaningful change on KPIs and critical objectives established by the Business Units
- Be adept at managing competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests
- Have experience working and joining together large, disparate data sets to uncover actionable insights
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing and teamwork while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun
- Prepare easy to follow & succinct documents summarizing findings / insights and actions
- Leverage analytical background to determine when certain quantitative research tools and models should be used and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address client problems
- Support analytic plans for key business issues raised by clients to ensure that all important issues are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately
- Filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality analysis
- Carry out post-event analysis to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with the change
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2022 or 2021 (sophomores or juniors).
- Major: Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Adobe Photoshop
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in or willing to learn other analytical tools such as R, SAS or Python
- Big Data Experience a plus – working with Hortonworks/Hadoop
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- Authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer