The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) immerses students into the daily operations of a contemporary media and technology company while working side-by-side with Comcast’s top innovators. Students become an integral part of the Comcast team while working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units. Throughout the experience, there is opportunity for exposure to mentorship and professional development while having some fun and cultivating meaningful relationships.
Comcast Corporation's Washington, DC office is looking for a Summer 2020 intern to support the Federal Government Affairs group. This intern will have the opportunity to help plan and attend Congressional and other third-party events and prepare briefing materials for the Federal Government Affairs leadership team.
- Watch Congressional hearings and take notes for circulation to Comcast Legislative Affairs team.
- Work with members of the Legislative Affairs teams on various ad-hoc projects.
- Conduct guided legislative and Congressional research on topics of interest to Comcast NBCUniversal.
- Attend internal Comcast meetings and take notes for staff.
- Support the Legislative Affairs team in planning and execution of Comcast corporate events.
- Process consultant invoices and other administrative assignments as needed.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2022 or 2021 (sophomores and juniors).
- Major: Political Science, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing and Media
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Access
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills , must be customer service oriented
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer