Analytics Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Comcast is looking for a hardworking and dedicated Analytics Software engineer to work on their Analytics Data Platform! This platform is used across Comcast’s software development organization, and is critical to the deployment and release of features and devices for the Xfinity X1 and XFi Platform, including but not limited to video and broadband devices.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing new tools and platforms, managing existing tools and infrastructure, and setting policy for usage and strategic direction. You will be a member of a fast-paced team that comprises domain experts, and a primary point of contact when issues need urgent attention. You will collaborate with many peripheral teams, including partners outside of Comcast, to ensure that products and services are deployed in a timely manner, and at a level of quality that maximizes service integrity and minimizes the risk of down-time. Good interpersonal skills are essential.
- Development and maintenance of ETL applications written using Apache Spark, Java, SQL and Python.
- Performance tuning and management of SQL based Databases like Oracle, MySQL, Redshift etc. and Apache Spark Based streaming data processing and batch processing applications.
- Backup/Restore/Archiving of Database
- Exploring new data store technologies for various business scenarios like Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Real time analytics etc.
- Java and Python experience is a must.
- Extensive ETL and Database experience with SQL based DB.
- Apache Spark experience is a must
- Experience with Open stack and/or AWS Cloud services
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu preferred) system
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer