Comcast’s Digital Home organization is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Digital Home platform, middleware and mobile applications with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers to lead and develop features for Digital Home applications. The primary responsibilities will include developing middleware for the Digital Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong teammate, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be working on designing and building our platform which enables Care Agents, Technicians and Retail Employees to access Digital Home services to ensure that all of our support channels deliver a consistent outstanding experience to customers.
We are actively seeking a diverse set of candidates to join our team. If you’re not certain that you’re qualified for the position, please err on the side of applying.
- 6-8 years of experience in building scalable and resilient web services in Java.
- Must be ambitious and have shown ability to take ownership of demonstrable functionality from receiving requirements, development, unit test writing through implementation with a high attention to detail.
- Must have experience managing code in GitHub, building CI/CD pipelines and integration test automation.
- Experience working as a DevOps engineer who maintains and troubleshoots highly distributed, multi-tier solutions, is strongly preferred
- Must have good presentation and interpersonal skills
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with AWS technologies
- AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Cloud Security Concepts
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Digital Home Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer