This individual will be part of a software development engineering team responsible for analyzing, crafting, developing, integrating, testing, implementing, and detailing new and existing web application software programs. Coordinate the documentation of all the development activities, has in-depth experience, knowledge, skills in own discipline and work on the priorities. Acts as a catalyst in a business critical and complex environment, may lead teams or projects helping the team with releases. This resource will be specifically assigned to Comcast Telephony Provisioning Applications.
- Provide Engineering & software development assistance in developing software solutions for Comcast Digital Voice Telephony provisioning platform.
- Interacts with end users to collect requirements and scope the systems.
- Participates in unit, integration, and system test procedures.
- Document final program and develop user instructions, software/hardware requirements, program input / outputs and execution / installation steps.
- Provide ongoing system support by maintaining and improving existing software applications.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and multiple resources.
- Can ensure that tasks are being completed in timely manner with no or very limited direction
- Documents new and existing software applications.
- Develops and documents tools to improve application development and testing.
- Participates in team meetings to discuss approaches to current projects.
- Aligns with all established procedures and policies of Comcast.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
- BS or Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-8 years of experience in crafting software business solutions
- 5-8 years of experience working in Java/J2EE applications
- 5-8 years of experience in developing, deploying and administering Java web applications
- 5-8 years of development experience in RESTFUL micro-services
- 5-8 years of strong development experience using spring and spring boot
- 2-4 years of experience creating in CI/CD pipelines using technologies such as Jenkins or GO-CD or Concourse
- 2-4 years of experience working in developing testing automation using technologies such as parasoft, rest assured, selinium
- 1-2 Experience deploying, running, and maintaining Java applications in any cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud foundry, IBM cloud, Azure or AWS
- 1-2 years of experience working in Linux or UNIX environment
- 1-2 years of experience working with DB technologies such as oracle, mongo, Cassandra or document db
- Strong skills in solving complex problems
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strict consistency with development standards
- Strong interpersonal skills; capable of writing recommendations and interacting with company personnel on complex topics
- Shown experience of participating on teams of technical specialists in a diverse, fast-paced, 24/7 environment.
- Validated experience meeting large deliverables with fixed and ambitious deadlines.
- Ability to present clear, concise reporting on concurrent projects and issues
- High level problem solving, analytical, implementation and interpersonal ability
- Ability to communicate effectively with team leads and other team members in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate
- Familiarity working with GUI development using Angular technologies will be plus
- Experience deploying, running, and maintaining Java applications within an AWS environment is a plus
- Expertise with NO SQL document-based databases such as Couchbase or MongoDB
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer