Job Title: Software Engineer – Security Engineering (Eng 2)
- Hands-on experience in Security Engineering for Public-facing Web applications.
- Hands-on experience with Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Symantec Control Compliance Suite (CCS)
- Very good understanding of Networking Fundamentals
- Experience in security assessment of NextGen firewalls
- Good systems engineering knowledge (On-Premise, Hybrid & Cloud-Only applications)
- Strong understanding of authentication, authorization, and auditing.
- Software development or application security knowledge is required.
- Working knowledge of Industry best practices wrt Security Assessment, Threat identification & remediation on Web Servers/Proxies (NGINX, Apache), Web Services (Java – Spring framework based Microservices), Databases (RDBMS+NoSQL)
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 4 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Security Operations Engineer - responsible for continuous/periodic/on-demand assessments of Security Vulnerabilities, Analyzing Security Incidents detected & reported, Identifies and works with the specific application teams / individuals on remediating the security incidents/vulnerabilities reported.
Shall perform thorough analysis, reviews remediation performed and verifies that the solutions provided follow industry best practices and the org security guidelines are adhered to. Drives issues through closure. Able to perform course corrections based on business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all the operational functions, including compliance functions such as User Access Reviews, quarterly compliance checks, and most importantly the burndown of the Security Vulnerabilities reported against Xfinity Mobile applications.
Skills and expertise:
- Hands-on experience with the Technology stack mentioned above
- Experience in working with multiple application teams / technology stack component groups in addressing Security Vulnerabilities.
- Work very cohesively with fellow UI & Backend (API & Data Layer) Engineers/Leads, QA teams & L2/DevOps groups to accomplish security tasks and goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.